About AAPC Regional Conference
Discover how to be a thought leader with some of the business of healthcare’s brightest minds. Breakdown the world of revenue cycle management and deliver breakthrough ways of getting your business fewer denials and better management. Plus, get the CEUs you need to maintain your certifications.
Here are a few more reasons to attend:
- Get inspired during any of our 50+ breakout sessions
- Build your network and connect with industry leaders and experts
- Take the opportunity to hear our world class general speakers
- Meet the makers of products you use every day
Charleston International Airport (CHS)
Hotel direction: 12 miles SE
This hotel does not provide shuttle service.
- Alternate transportation: Julian's Transportation Service; fee: 35 USD (one way) ;reservation required
- Estimated taxi fare: 30 USD (one way)
Exit airport onto International Blvd. Take International Blvd to Montague Ave. Turn Left on Montague Ave to I-26 East. Take I-26 East to exit 221A (Hwy 17 South) Toward Savannah. Hwy 17 becomes Spring Street Take Spring Street to Lockwood Blvd. Take right unto Lockwood Blvd. Hotel is on right, 4 blocks ahead.
- On-site parking, fee: 8 USD daily
- Valet parking, fee: 15 USD daily
Interested in getting your products and services in front of AAPC members? AAPC Regional Conferences offer the perfect venue for meeting, showing, and demonstrating what your company offers. This event offers table-top exhibits and has limited space, so reserve yours today.
Download the exhibitor prospectus
For more information or to reserve your spot, contact:
Victoria Fuentes | Office: 385-207-2288 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about this and other AAPC exhibiting opportunities.
1. Talk to Your Employer - Over 80% of attendee's costs are paid by their employers. Don't be afraid to ask! Educate your boss on the benefits for both you and your company. Visit the employer justification page to help you prepare to talk to your boss.
2. Tell Your Friends - Conference is a blast, but it's even more fun with friends and colleagues. Be a good friend and inform them of the educational benefits.
3. Personalize Your Schedule - Look over the education and build the schedule that best fits your needs.
4. Make Your Travel Plans - Flight booked, check; hotel confirmed, check; Other activities, check!
How to Convince Your Boss
Anyone who's been to conference will tell you it's an incredible, career enhancing experience. But when you ask your employer to pick up the tab, we know you have to make a bold case for attending.
So here's a bit of advice on getting your manager or business decision maker to send you to AAPC Conference: It's not about you. It's about how you AND the entire team - in fact, your company - will benefit from the information and insights you'll gain.
By leveraging the steps below, we feel confident you can make a game plan, create your story and leverage your communication skills.
- Review the full conference agenda with over 50 sessions and map out your customized conference agenda. AAPC offers tracks across a variety of topics and disciplines, so you can choose a mix of sessions that benefit you personally and some that benefit your organization. You might even plan to show your manager the sessions and let them choose a few sessions they would like you to attend.
- Download this persuasive letter for your boss. Include a few of the sessions you'd like to attend, and name-drop some speakers.
- Ready your argument that attending conference will make you a bigger asset to your company.
Pick the Right Time to Talk About It
- Lay the groundwork with the letter, then schedule a brief meeting to state your case in person.
- Explain the ROI on sending you to the event.
- Tell your manager you'll bring back best practices from leading experts, thought leaders and organizations.
- Talk about why you are choosing the sessions you want to attend and how the skills will complement your capabilities and those of the organization.
- Tell your manager conference packs a full year's worth of value into just 3 days.
- Walk through the conference website to review the agenda and speaker lineup, adding credibility and transparency to your request.
- Explain that you will take accountability and return ready to present your findings to the team and how they can be implemented into your current work processes.
Respond to Objections and Questions with Confidence and Detail
- You probably already know the questions or objections your boss will have, impress your boss with your communication skills by being prepared to answer the expected AND unexpected.
- Objection: "It's too expensive."Your response: "This isn't just a three-day conference; I see it as an investment. The learnings can have real impact on our organization's bottom line. I'll capture detailed notes from every session, so our whole team can learn along with me. And conference offers group and corporate discounts and discounted lodging."
- Objection: "You can't be away from the office for several days."Your response: "I might be away from the office, but I will still be working when I can. WiFi will be available, and the schedule allows me to move between tracks and sessions. I'll be able to stay connected at the same time I’m gathering information and best practices that will take our team’s work to the next level."
- Objection: "How do I know this a credible conference and a good use of your time? "Your response: AAPC is the world's largest training and credentialing organization for the business of healthcare, at over 180,000 members.