Cardiology - EP Ablation and PM ICD Implants
March 10, 2021 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
This webinar brings into focus the compliant way to code EP studies, Ablations and Device implants (pacemakers and implantable defibrillator -ICD’s) in 2021. Starting with the explanation of the clinical reasons for the diagnostics that lead to the procedures. The “computer” of the heart, or the branch of cardiology- Electrophysiology (EP), will be discussed and how those conditions lead to the different procedures.
Why is this topic important?
Coders continue to incorrectly code for “pocket revisions" with 33222 & 33223. Ablation codes have been revised where coding is based on diagnosis not on CPT. We will explain. Modifiers can be tricky when coding for Pacemakers, and multiple procedures, we will give you the tools to make sure you understand the payer policies.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Coders, Billers, Collectors, Physician Coders, CDI specialists.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
-How to code and extrapolate codes from the operative note.
-How to use the CPT® book to your advantage when appealing claims.
-How to feel confident in code linking CPT® to ICD10-CM for Best Practices and clean claims.
-Discussion on Device check coding as well as the HRS rules on frequency
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 99.15 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 120+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person