How to Use Comparative Billing Reports (CBRs) as a Tool
September 21, 2022 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
This webinar will help certified professional coders and auditors understand how to read CBRs. These letters are filled with unique data for a specific provider or practice’s billing patterns. These patterns are then juxtaposed with same-specialty billing patterns across a state and/or national data. This comparison in the CBR is intended to serve as a tool for the specific provider to improve coding compliance.
Why is this topic important?
Data analysis is trending upward in healthcare, specifically when it comes to protecting Medicare funds. CBRs help medical practices track and trend the Medicare data they generate. Practices can learn to do this analytical work on their commercial claims data as well.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Certified medical coders, certified medical auditors, compliance professionals, physicians, medical professionals; anyone with a stake on the business side of medicine.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
1. How to read CBRs
2. Understand the calculated metrics of the CBR
3. Why does it apply to you
4. Understanding the end-goal of meeting coding and documentation compliance
About The Author
Jean Acevedo, CPC, CENTC
Jean Acevedo, LHRM, CPC, CHC, CENTC, AAPC Fellow is a compliance consultant with a particular expertise in chart audits, compliance and education. Her firm assists providers in implementing effective compliance programs, including meeting HIPAA and other regulatory requirements. She has also been an expert witness in civil litigation, Federal fraud cases and serves as an Investigative Consultant for the DOJ and FBI on coding and compliance issues.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 97.70 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 250+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page