ICD-10 Coding Guidelines: A Refresher to Rules You May Have Forgotten
Learn more about this event
When was the last time you looked up something in the ICD-10-CM Guidelines? How much have you forgotten since you took your certification exam or started in your current job? Have you ever read the guidelines? You would be surprised what you find there. Not only guidance for CoVID-19 coding which is new but “old” sections on coding issues such as diabetes. As medical necessity returns to the forefront of coding with the current PHE changes in E&M coding and documentation, diagnosis coding is more important than ever. Knowing the appropriate way to code utilizing the 3 S’s is imperative. Utilizing the 3 S’s of diagnosis coding will not only help show medical necessity but it can help your HCC coding issues. Can you guess what they are?
Diabetes – what’s all the fuss? Morsels of information to help understand why you need to take the time to discern the specific code(s) needed for the encounter
Hypertension – we all miss 401.9, but it was a lousy, unspecified code. So is ICD-10. What additional details are needed from your provider in the documentation to adequately code for this common illness.
BMI – many carriers want you to include this on every patient on every claim. Why doing this goes against the guidelines and is actually a compliance problem? When do you include the BMI on a claim?
Sepsis – it doesn’t happen often, but when you have to code for sepsis do you remember there are a minimum of 2 codes needed to compliantly code sepsis?
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 97.32 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 120+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person