Clinical Documentation Improvement
The Future of Auditing
For many coders, the single greatest hindrance to their coding accuracy is the quality of documentation – including the degree of specificity, consistency, completeness, and timeliness.
Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) is the future of auditing. As reporting requirements and regulations are increased, technology evolves, and with ICD-10 on the horizon, it's becoming increasingly crucial for coders to work with physicians to improve documentation today so they can protect their practice tomorrow.
You Will Learn:
- The complete clinical documentation review process
- Essential steps to accurately code diagnoses and procedures, even in ICD-10
- How to reduce exposure to RAC and other audits
- Necessary habits of accurate and comprehensive documentation
- The crucial elements of claim-supporting documentation
- Steps to implement a CDI plan in your office
- Tips on how to effectively communicate the documentation process to your physician
This workshop will walk you through several case examples (like this one) to expose the most common errors that plague practices and result in frequent denials and increases compliance risks. Leaving this workshop, you will be armed with knowledge to provide your clinic with protection and improve the overall revenue using tools already available to you.
Register to Access this On Demand Event
- Get access to the author-recorded webinar broadcast
- Includes electronic workbook, downloadable mp3, ipod/iphone video, and presentation slides
- Learn at your own pace with the ability to pause, rewind, etc.
*On demand workshops are for single person use only and may not be rebroadcast,
retransmitted, shared or disseminated. A computer with a high speed Internet connection
and speakers (or headphones) is recommended to connect to the event.
About The Author
Quita has over 28 years of experience in orthopaedics and surgical coding. For 22 years she worked at Forsyth Street Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation Centers in Macon, GA. She is currently the owner and CEO of Practice Dynamics, an independent billing company. Quita is also an independent contractor at CASE Contracting Services, where she handles consulting, auditing, and educational services for physicians, their staff, and professionals pursuing AAPC certifications.
Quita is a national workshop presenter for multiple organizations and teaches a wide range of topics, including CPT®, ICD-9, ICD-10, Evaluation and Management, Auditing, Compliance, and Professional Development.