- Date: September 1, 2016
- Time: 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM (Mountain Time MST)
- Location: Virtual (online)
- Presentation Length:
- On Demand available: September 2, 2016 at 12:30PM MST *
- Author: Jaci Kipreos
- Corporate Members:
You may have mastered coding, but the role of the coder is rapidly evolving into the role of a medical auditor, creating an increased demand for a well-trained auditing workforce. Where will you fit in? Are you ready to take your skills and experience to the next level? Are you already performing auditing functions but seek reassurance that you’re doing them well? Is there a need for a medical auditor in your healthcare organization?
Now is the time to elevate your coding expertise to the next level by becoming a Medical Auditor. Join us for a 4-hour workshop where we’ll introduce you to the world of medical auditing and the opportunities available by transitioning your career from coder to auditor.
Come learn how this trend is affecting the medical coding industry. Are you ready for the future?
- Discover the purpose and scope of medical auditing and its impact on healthcare
- Review the role of a medical auditor
- Determine how auditing differs from coding
- Study the audit process—from selection to reporting
- Examine the various types of audits and tools that are needed to perform an audit
- Understand the qualities and skills needed to be a successful Medical Auditor
- Gain critical insights to prepare for a career as a Medical Auditor
- Apply your knowledge through hands-on exercises of audit examples
Register Today! Select a date below:
About The Author
Jaci Kipreos, CPC, COC, CPMA, CPC-I, CEMC
Ms. Kipreos has worked in the field of medical coding and auditing for 23 years, and has been CPC certified since 1994. She has worked in a variety of practice settings and provides a wide range of educational topics to assist clients in chart documentation, Medicare’s Teaching Physician Guidelines, surgical coding, modifier usage, and basic coding skills and compliance. Jaci is currently serving as president of the National Advisory Board (NAB) for AAPC.
Can't Attend Live? Available 'On-Demand' September 2nd
- Get access to the author-recorded webinar broadcast
- Ipod/iphone video, and presentation slides
- Includes electronic workbook
- Learn at your own pace, with the ability to pause or re-watch parts
Already subscribed? Log in
*On demand and virtual workshops are for single person use only and may not be rebroadcast,
retransmitted, shared or disseminated. A computer with a high speed Internet connection
and speakers (or headphones) is recommended to connect to the event.