Reimbursement Impacts in Shifting Times
Broadcast: Mar 23, 2016 at 8:30AM
On Demand Availability: March 23, 2016
Presenter: Brenda Edwards, CPC, CPB, CPMA, CPC-I, CEMC, CRC
Reimbursement Impacts in Shifting Times (How to Best Protect Your Practice)
Too many practices are facing reimbursement issues never before seen. Many have had to give money back under Meaningful Use for not successfully demonstrating compliance. Practices also face penalties for not reporting on other measures under PQRS and Value Based Modifier. If you don’t get prepared now, future audits and programs under the Affordable Care Act could end up penalizing your practice even more. Future success depends on optimizing coding, documentation and reporting of all measures.
Learn how four hot button topics spawned by the Affordable Care Act effect coders, billers, auditors, practice managers and compliance professionals in the current healthcare landscape: Value-based payment modifier, Meaningful Use, Hierarchical Condition Coding (HCC), and Physician Quality Reporting Standards (PQRS). Learn how MIPS will change the current requirements.
This workshop is a must for practice managers, compliance officers, coders and billers.
Workshop topics include:
Value-Based Payment Modifier:
- Understand reporting of quality measures impact on value-based payment modifier
- Determining Physician and Practice Performance
Physician Quality Reporting System:
- Is Meaningful Use really over?
- What you need to know about Modified Stage 2 and Stage 3
- How to respond to an Audit-Before Giving Money Back.
Hierarchical Condition Coding (HCC)
- Reporting measures
- What are key differences between PQRS and Meaningful Use?
- How can they be reported simultaneously?
- How can you review the accuracy of data reported?
This workshop includes:
- Impact of ICD-10's on HCC'
- The current and future impact of hierarchical condition coding on reimbursements
- Compliance and HCC's
- Review of survey results from industry experts on the success of the programs
- Hands on exercises to validate quality measure reporting and other initiatives
- The knowledge to bring your practice up-to-date for peak performance reporting
Register to Access this On Demand Event
- Get access to the author-recorded webinar broadcast
- Includes electronic workbook, downloadable mp3, ipod/iphone video, and presentation slides
- Learn at your own pace with the ability to pause, rewind, etc.
*On demand and virtual workshops are for single person use only and may not be rebroadcast,
retransmitted, shared or disseminated. A computer with a high speed Internet connection
and speakers (or headphones) is recommended to connect to the event.