Teach E/M Coding to Your Doctor in One Hour
This workshop teaches how to communicate to physicians the principals of accurate code selection and documentation requirements - in less than an hour. You will be able to explain this information to physicians easily and logically so they can understand and implement it immediately. You will also receive specific techniques that translate to improved documentation, code selection, and bottom line results. Our most popular workshop of all time has been updated and returns for 2012!
This Workshop Will Help You:
- Learn how to quickly and easily teach physicians to document and select levels for evaluation and management services.
- Get real tips for everyday problems physicians have with selecting evaluation and management codes.
- Understand how to decrease documentation time.
- Identify when the "extra bullet" is really warranted.
- Recognize a level of service immediately.
- Learn how to get buy-in to reduce under-coding and keep a physician out of harm's way during an audit.
- In our detailed review of the CMS 1995 and 1997 Documentation Requirements, you'll get answers to:
- Usual points of confusion, subjective aspects, and payment concerns
- How to improve coding so it takes less time and is more accurate
- Why auditors disagree and what to do when this happens
- How to find outcomes that are correct, productive, and painless
- Updated for 2012: Hands-on case study reviews include identifying coding errors, deficient documentation, and constructive provider feedback to improve results.
Register to Access this On Demand Event
- Get access to the author-recorded webinar broadcast
- Includes electronic workbook, downloadable mp3, ipod/iphone video, and presentation slides
- Learn at your own pace with the ability to pause, rewind, etc.
*On demand and virtual workshops are for single person use only and may not be rebroadcast,
retransmitted, shared or disseminated. A computer with a high speed Internet connection
and speakers (or headphones) is recommended to connect to the event.
About The Author
Stephanie Cecchini, CPC, CEMC, CHISP
Vice President, Coding Operations at Aviacode
Stephanie joined Aviacode in 2012 where she continues her commitment to best serve the revenue cycle management needs of physicians and the healthcare community. She is an executive level healthcare operations expert with significant & broad ambulatory healthcare business experience with emphasis on multi-specialty physician groups, hospitals and payers. She has extensive experience in using data to drive payer audits. Stephanie has developed E/M audit selection algorithms to identify physician coding errors and recoup overpayments for both federal and commercial payers. She brings more than eighteen years’ involvement in healthcare regulations including: coding and billing compliance, HIPAA privacy, security, and transactions, and HITECH meaningful use compliance. Previously, Stephanie served as SVP at the American Society of Health Informatics Managers, working to fill the needs of physicians adopting Health IT and at its sister organization, AAPC as VP, Product Management. In prior roles she served as Chief Audit Officer for Parses, assuring physician audit accuracy and quality control for payer driven recovery audits of professional fees and was responsible for driving sales & managing new audit programs. As a public speaker and published writer, she is a nationally respected advocate of fair and proper payment for medical services.