CIC Exam Prep help!! :)

Best answers
So I am taking my CIC certification exam Wednesday and am so worried about passing. Anyone take this exam and pass fairly easliy. Any helpful hints, tips, etc.....
I need as much help as possible I'm sure!!

All advice is appreciated. Thank you

Best answers
Not impressed with AAPCs lack of support for feedback re expensive exams

I am taking the exam on 12/3. This will be my second attempt as I was not prepared the first time for all of the questions specific to the CMS regulations in particular WHO is responsible to sign and submit/file specific forms. The form is named only by the actual form code and the answer is the CFO of the facility. WHY do we need to know about stuff that is not even our responsibility?? Be prepared for the trick questions that are worded as which of the following DOES NOT apply.....Pace yourself the 5 hours and 20 minutes is just the right amount of time to finish the exam. I was in a room of 23 people taking the exam and only 2 finished in less than 5 hours. There is little time to go back and review the exam. There is also little feedback when you get your results without any specific information as to what you got wrong nor is there any proof that there was not an error in the exam or any way you can challenge the results. Also the test is graded in sections then an average of all sections makes your final grade. You can do extremely well in several sections most important the parts of a coder's job and not do well in the other business office/CFO stuff and end up with missing the passing grade by 4 points like me and end up taking it all over again without knowing what you actually did wrong. Blind results and going into it again with a wing and a prayer hoping I studied the correct sections again.

Good Luck

Mushlit.Insnow

Contributor
Best answers
Pam - Concerned for PCS

Hi Pam,

I'm sitting for CIC exam on 12/17 (attempt #3, but first attempt in ICD 10). How painful was the PCS portion? I HATED the regulatory questions. In our facility, coders code. We don't touch anything to do with regulatory stuff and we don't venture into the outpatient coding world, either.

I got the Study Guide and am surprised with how many errors are in this book!

Deane

lcioffi

New
Best answers
I am about to make my 3rd attempt on the CIC. I asked for someone to regrade my last test as they said that I had gotten all of my Anatomy questions wrong. As I gave been coding for several years I found this impossible to believe. It appears from my experience that they are never willing to admit when they are wrong.