Master coding concepts related to medical necessity and report compliant codes for your services.
Revenue loss, rework, payback demands—how much are medical necessity errors costing your practice? And that’s to say nothing of potential civil penalties. Get medical necessity wrong and it’s considered a “knowingly false” act punishable under the FCA.
Stay liability-free and get reimbursed for your services with reliable medical necessity know-how. AAPC’s Coding for Medical Necessity Reference Guide provides you with step-by-step tutorials to remedy the range of documentation and coding issues at the crux of medical necessity claim errors.
Learn how to integrate best practices within your clinical processes—including spot-checks and self-audits to identify problems. Benefit from real-world reporting examples, Q&A, and expert guidance across specialties to master coding for medical necessity.
Learn how to lock in medical necessity and keep your practice safe and profitable:
- Avoid Medical Necessity Errors with CERT Smarts
- Rules to Improve Provider Documentation
- Denials? Pay Attention to Procedure/Diagnosis Linkage
- Nail Down the Ins and Outs of Time-based Coding
- Expert Guidance to Fend Off RAC Audits and Denials
- Beat E/M Coding Confusion with Payer Advice
- Improve Your ABN Know How with This FAQ
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you already have the first edition of a Medical Reference Guide, the updates to the second edition are very minimal. These editions are intended for first-time buyers.
Work from anywhere! eBooks can be accessed from devices including desktops, laptops, smart phones and tablets. Carry your favorite coding books, specialty guides, and reference guides with you wherever you go.
Some of the key features of AAPC eBooks are:
- Create and update Digital Flashcards
- Highlight important lines and save custom notes
- Share notes with other users
- Use the search bar to find anything you need
- Access your eBooks from any of your devices
- Bookmark pages to easily find your favorites
- eBooks can be accessed online or offline
Note: Purchased eBooks may not be printed and are non-refundable.