2018 OPPS Final Rule Analysis
January 17, 2018 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
Attendees will be provided a thorough review and key takeaways of the most impactful and pertinent updates to the OPPS. This will include information related to new wage index criteria, payment and costing methodologies, requirements for the hospital outpatient quality reporting (OQR) program, items removed from the inpatient-only list, provider off campus site payments, updates to comprehensive and composite APCs, pharmaceutical pass-through updates, and many others.
Why is this topic important?
These regulations and payment information impacts hospitals across the US over the next year, including new, deleted, revised codes, usage of modifiers, coding and billing guidance, as well as reimbursement information to set budgets for departments within an organization.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Hospital – HIM staff, business office personnel, compliance personnel, chargemaster coordinators, department heads, revenue cycle management, data analysts, and CDI staff.
How would this benefit the individual and/or their company?
Provides highlights of detailed information from the 2018 OPPS Final Rule which is needed for organization management, department management, and individual response to job performance within specific departments.
What information/new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
Attendees will receive updated information related to changes in the hospital wage index, drug pricing programs, code set changes under OPPS, reasoning behind CMS program nuances, and action items for rolling out updates within their organization.
Why is the presenter the expert on this topic?
I have over 20 years of experience within the hospital and physician healthcare marketplace. I’ve been the Vice President of Patient Financial Services at a hospital, the Coding Director and Compliance Liaison for a nationwide physician practice management organization, consulted for Optum, 3M HIS, and Craneware, Inc., and traveled to hospitals and physician practices in almost every state performing chargemaster reviews, hospital and physician coding audits, practice management reviews, compliance program implementation, fraud and abuse audit services, and software implementation and support. I continue to work in this field, currently managing 40 outpatient and inpatient hospital coding staff within middle Georgia.
Attendees will learn:
1. Learn about the overall Rate Increase for hospitals
2. Become informed on details of the 340B drug program
3. Understand reasoning behind updates to the Inpatient-Only list
4. Gain familiarity with C-APCs
5. Obtain information on changes to payment for certain Cancer Hospitals
- Cost to Charge Ratios
- Beneficiary Copayments
- Recalibration of APC Relative Payment Weights
- Hospital Outlier Payments
- Partial Hospitalization Payment (PHP)
- Conversion Factor (CF) Update/Impact
- Packaged Skin Substitutes
- Supervision of Hospital Outpatient Therapeutic Services
- 340B Drug Pricing
- Cancer Hospital Payment Adjustment
- Changes to Inpatient-Only List
- Comprehensive APCs (C-APCs)
- New Technology APCs
- Care Management Code Changes
- Expiration of Transitional Pass-Through Payment for Certain Devices
- Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting (OQR) Program
- Radiology Changes
- Non-excepted Hospital Off-campus Provider-based Departments
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 95.21 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 120+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person