Best Practices for Behavioral Health Coding
Learn more about this event
This webinar will combine clinical documentation and coding guidelines to teach best practices for Behavioral Health Coding. We will begin with the foundation of Behavioral Health Coding and clinical documentation. These documentation elements will be discussed along with how they affect the selection of the appropriate CPT® and DX codes. Then, in closing, we will apply the information about coding and diagnosis regulations to ensure that we have the most appropriate codes selected to enhance billing proficiency.
Why is this topic important?
Behavioral Health is a specialized area that many providers and coders are unfamiliar with. This webinar serves as a guidance tool to ensure accurate documentation and coding.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Providers, office managers, coders, billers and all AAPC certified members.
How would this benefit the individual and/or their company?
This webinar will serve as a guidance tool to ensure accurate documentation and coding for Behavioral Health, which will result in enhanced billing proficiency.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
You will learn best practices for Behavioral Health Coding, including understanding Behavioral Health documentation guidelines, CPT® and DX coding guidelines.
Why is the presenter the expert on this topic?
She has worked in Behavioral Health for 20 years and is AAPC certified as a CPB. She has created and led many face-to-face trainings and webinars on all things Mental and Behavioral Health.
- Foundation of Behavioral Health Coding
- Clinical Documentation Elements
- Selection of CPT and ICD-10 Codes
- Enhance billing proficiency
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 95.35 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 120+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person