Demystifying OB/GYN Coding
Learn more about this event
This 60-minute session will highlight the hot topics in the OB/GYN realm. Discussion will include the changes to E/M guidelines and the use of modifier 25 when performing procedures on the same day. Preventative services can be tricky in some cases. An over-view of proper documentation with regard to ICD-10-CM will be provided. We will spot-light some of the top denials that OB/GYN providers face and how we can avoid them. Discussion of why it is imperative to become familiar with policies of the payers and more.
Why is this topic important?
OB/GYN providers are already having to wait on their money in cases of global services. It is crucial that these providers obtain first-pass pay whenever possible. Our life-line is in proper revenue cycle. Our goal is to help decrease the collection ratio for these providers and enhance our skill set to improve the bottom-line.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Providers, Medical Assistants, Office managers, Front-desk staff, Billers, Coders, Medical Record staff, clinical staff, any-one in the OB/GYN environment
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
We will clarify some areas of confusion. One of those sticky subjects happens to be modifier 33. We will explain how proper use and improper use of this modifier can impact the revenue stream and cause concern for un-necessary audits to take place.
What's the presenter's background/expertise on this topic?
Rhonda has been teaching and working in the OB/GYN field since 1988-89. Keeping up with guideline changes and working along-side practitioners has helped her gain a wealth of knowledge in regard to this subject matter.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 97.35 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 160+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page