Diving into Diagnostic Radiology Coding and Documentation
March 17, 2021 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
Come learn common errors and best practices for diagnostic radiology documentation and coding. This presentation we will dive into documentation requirements needed to support common diagnostic radiology procedures. We will also review common coding errors that can be avoided as we work with radiologists to educate them on coding guidelines. Further, we will review the Appropriate Use Criteria (AUC) Program that is now scheduled to be fully implemented starting January 1, 2022.
Why is this topic important?
Diagnostic radiology services are highly productive services that if not documented accurately could equate to high dollar paybacks. Thus, it is important to know the common errors and how to correct them. Further, due to the pandemic the AUC program was postponed to be fully implemented in 2022, so we need to make sure we have good processes in place ASAP.
Who would benefit from this topic?
This topic would benefit anyone working in diagnostic radiology. Coders, auditors, and radiologists alike will benefit from knowing the documentation requirements for common radiology procedures.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
Attendees will be able to identify common concerns with diagnostic radiology coding and documentation. They will then be able to better work with clinicians to make sure these areas of concern are addressed and risk resolved.
What is the presenter's background/expertise on this topic?
I have worked as a coding and documentation consultant for multiple radiology groups. This work has involved working with radiology leadership to improve documentation and coding and reduce risk associated with incorrect coding practices. I have also consulted with individual radiologist through education and auditing in order to identify and reduce risk. Currently, I am a technical manager responsible for a diagnostic radiology coding and documentation for a major health system.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 97.95 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 160+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page