DRG Pitfalls: What to look for in Documentation to Code Comorbid Conditions
Learn more about this event
In this session, we will take a look at the documentation requirements for CC’s and MCC’s and how they affect the DRG assignment. In doing so, we will review notorious conditions which tend to attract auditor’s attention and common mistakes made when choosing the ICD-10-CM codes.
Why is this topic important?
Code correctly to maximize reimbursements and prevent potential penalties from audits.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Medical Coders, Medical Coding Managers, Billers
How would this benefit the individual and/or their company?
See common DRG medical coding mistakes. View a larger picture in terms of what codes represent, quality, and risk adjustment.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
Knowledge of things to consider and possibly a new viewpoint of “secondary diagnoses”.
Why are you the expert on this topic?
20 years experience in healthcare, including coding, auditing, quality and process improvement.
Attendees will learn:
1. Common conditions which might trigger an audit<
2. Documentation requirements for common MCC/CCs
3. How to use the assigned DRG as a way to quickly feel confident about the code assignment
4. How documentation and coding can affect the DRG Assignment
- Acronyms & Definitions
- MDC & MS-DRG Hierarchies
- MCC/CC Documentation
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 98.02 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 120+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person