E/M Charge Capture - Beyond the Key Components
March 28, 2018 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
Gain a better understanding of the higher level implications and practices of Evaluation and Management coding. In this presentation, we will review and discuss the regulations and requirements when reporting other than the usual places of service, split/shared services, the time element and many other topics. Tips and hints will be offered to help providers improve their documentation when reporting these types of services, resulting in improved cash flow due to claims being paid quickly and correctly, and fewer reject and denied claims. Hands-on practice will help attendees understand the content and allow them to teach their providers and team members.
Why is this topic important?
This topic is important because there are always questions about E/M leveling and coding beyond the key components. What about the time element? How does place of service impact E/M coding - or does it? What about mid-level providers, and split or shared billing?
Who would benefit from this topic?
Anyone involved in documenting, including scribes, coding, billing and staff involved in the revenue cycle in general. Providers would also benefit, so they can be mindful of how their documentation affects code selection.
How would this benefit the individual and/or their company?
Individuals and/or their companies would benefit in that enhanced understanding of E/M code captures leads to more accurate code capture, protecting the individuals and their companies from claims denials, payment recoupment and cash flow interruption.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
Attendees will take away a much more in depth understanding of the more complex issues surrounding accurate E/M code selection.
Why is the presenter the expert on this topic?
I have more than 30 years in the medical coding field. Much of my experience is in practice coding/billing/management and as a CPMA, I feel I can bring an enhanced level of information to the audience.
- Evaluation and Management
- Time Based Services
- Split/Shared Services
- Copy and Paste
- Medical Necessity and Labs
- Prolonged Services
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 94.88 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 120+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person