In The Cath Lab: Cardiac Cath and Intervention (PCI) Coding
Learn more about this event
This webinar focuses on Cardiology procedural coding in the cath lab. Procedural coding will be on heart catheterizations, injection procedures, percutaneous coronary interventions, and the extras that can come with this particular coding. Presenter will also discuss modifiers as it relates to this specialty to make sure denials are minimized.
The presenter will also offer procedural reports to show live coding from the physician note. Terminology and heart structure language will also be included to help explain the why of these procedures being coded.
Why is this topic important?
There is a lot of confusion on how to code cardiology procedures, as many coders want to code by the service itself, and not the vessel treated. There are CPT® rules, NCCI rules, Medicare rules and more to consider when reporting cardiology procedures.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Coders, Billers, Physicians, and any healthcare professional that is involved in cardiology claims processing.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
The attendees will understand Cardiac Cath and Interventional Coding (CPT) and how to submit clean claims for this specialty.
What’s the presenter's background/expertise on this topic?
The cardiology specialty is Terry's number one specialty for coding education. She has her CPC and CCC and has been coding and educating on this specialty for over 30 years. She is also the author of many books on Cardiology Coding and Reimbursement.
About The Author
Terry A Fletcher, CPC, CCC, CEMC
Ms. Terry Fletcher joins us in her 25th year of coding and billing experience. She is the President and CEO of Terry Fletcher Consulting, Inc. and a McVey Seminar Leader. She teaches over 100 + specialty coding seminars, teleconferences and workshops every year. Ms. Fletcher also works with thousands of practices around the country, keeping them current, educated, and compliant in their coding while maximizing their reimbursement. She holds a bachelors degree in economics and multiple certifications in coding; CPC, CCC, CEMC, CMSCS, CCS-P, CCS, CMC.
Two ways to register for this event
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 250+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page