Making the Connection: Strategic Documentation, Compliance, and the Revenue Cycle
Learn more about this event
This webinar will guide attendees on the use of strategic documentation to recover lost or missed revenue while maintaining billing and coding integrity. Provider billing practices remain in the crosshairs of governmental scrutiny. Errors like missed charges, inaccurate modifier application, and insufficient documentation impact the revenue cycle and increase risk under fraud/abuse laws.
Why is this topic important?
There are many competing healthcare initiatives in todays marketplace. Staying on top of them is problematic. Frustration is evident in our practices. By learning the documentation strategies and how to interpret key data, we can streamline our practices and take the frustration out of our day-to-day operations.
Who would benefit from this topic?
CDI, PM, Billers, Coders, Auditors
How would this benefit the individual and/or their company?
Many organizations run numerous reports, but not always with the right data, making them less than helpful.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
Attendees will learn how to use data for making key business decisions and how to employ key documentation strategies for simplifying workflow.
Why are you the expert on this topic?
I have extensive experience with ICD-10 and working with practices on optimization of work flow. In my current role, I work with over 100 RCM clients and work directly with about 80 physicians on improvements.
- Learn how quality-based payment models will affect revenue cycle operations and compliance efforts
- Learn how to self-audit the revenue cycle and identify top compliance risk areas
- Learn how to recover revenue and prevent losses while achieving compliance goals.
About The Author
Rhonda Buckholtz, CPC, CDEO, CPMA, CRC, CPC-I, CENTC, CGSC, COBGC, CPEDC
Owner, Coding and Reimbursement Experts
Rhonda Buckholtz has more than 30 years of experience in healthcare, working in the management, compliance and reimbursement/coding sectors, in addition to being an AAPC approved instructor. She was responsible for all ICD-10 training and curriculum at AAPC. She has authored numerous articles for healthcare publications and has spoken at numerous national conferences for AAPC, AMA, HIMSS, MGMA, AAO-HNS, AGA and ASOA. She is a past co-chair for the WEDI ICD-10 Implementation Workgroup, Advanced Payment Models Workgroup and had provided testimony for ICD-10 and standardization of data for NCVHS and is on the National Advisory Board for AAPC. She was instrumental in developing the Certified Ophthalmology Professional Coder (COPC) exam and curriculum for the AAPC. Rhonda spends her time performing helping physician practices achieve operational excellence.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 97.11 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 250+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page