Percutaneous Interventions - Head, Neck and Spine
March 13, 2019 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
Percutaneous interventions including angioplasty, stenting and atherectomy will be discussed for the Head, Neck and Spinal areas. How these affect catheterization codes and procedures such as thrombolytic and embolization treatments in these anatomical sites will also be discussed.
Why is this topic important?
Percutaneous interventional procedures can be difficult waters to navigate, especially in these critically delicate body areas. Catheterizations and other Interventions can overlap in billing and understanding how these are bundled and performed is key to successful coding.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Interventional Radiology Coders, billers and Physician offices can benefit from clarifying and improving their understanding of these procedures in this changing industry. The CIRCC certification requires a thorough understanding and this will increase your confidence in passing this challenging test.
How would this benefit the individual and/or their company?
Avoiding unnecessary audits and required repayment of overbilling is important to a successful practice. We must understand the Why’s of these coding scenarios to streamline our work and understand clearly how to justify and backup our coding with guidelines, rules and accurate research.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
Coding guidelines for code set 36221-36228 and 61623-61651 will be discussed in detail and when additional procedures can be added or if these are bundled. Our skills on similar procedures in the Cerebrospinal area will be sharpened by reviewing billing and bundling guidelines.
Why is the presenter the expert on this topic?
Working 13 years fully immersed in the Interventional Radiology Coding field has been an educational experience that the presenter has been able to use to her expanding career as well as using her practical understanding to train other coders to be skilled and competent coders.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 97.01 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 160+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page