Pitfalls to Avoid in Behavioral Health Documentation and Coding
September 11, 2019 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
In this webinar, we will discuss approaches and best practices to avoid pitfalls in Behavioral Health documentation and coding, including a review of proper documentation of Initial Assessments, Treatments Plans and Therapy notes, along with matching those documents to the proper CPT®/ICD codes for accuracy. CPT® rules will also be discussed.
Why is this topic important?
As audits and provider paybacks become more common, it is essential that documentation and coding is accurate to justify services rendered. This webinar will help the attendee learn proper documentation and coding to avoid common pitfalls.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Clinicians, Quality and Compliance Staff, Office Managers, Billing Staff and general office staff
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
The attendee will learn the elements of proper documentation and the CPT®/ICD coding to correspond with the documentation.
Why is the presenter the expert on this topic?
Jamie has over 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry, with a focus on Mental/Behavioral Health as well as HEDIS®, CMS and compliance guidelines.
About The Author
Jamie Taylor, CPB
Ms. Taylor is the Director of Provider Education at Managed Health Care Administration, Inc. She has 20 years of experience in the Mental/Behavioral Health field and has developed training programs for Mental/Behavioral Health that include: CPT®, ICD-9/10, DSM5, HCPCS, etc. She also organizes and speaks at two live conferences per year, as well as monthly webinars.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 96.93 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 250+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page