Risk Assessment, Inpatient Documentation and Coding for Psychiatry and Behavioral Health
August 28, 2019 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
This webinar will focus on the importance of Risk Assessments and Inpatient Documentation and Coding as a measure of quality care. We will learn the goal of a risk assessment and how to document the assessment, along with the treatment plan. We will also learn how to document inpatient services and proper coding to accurately capture services rendered, including E/M.
Why is this topic important?
Both risk assessments and inpatient documentation and coding are vital pieces of Mental Health and Psychiatry. Risk Assessments are an essential piece of having a complete medical record that is accurate and ensures a consistent approach to care. Proper inpatient documentation and coding ensures that services rendered are appropriately reported.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Clinical staff, office managers, billers and coders, as well as Quality Managers.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
The attendee will learn the importance of accurately documenting risk, when a risk assessment should be conducted and common problematic approaches. The attendee will also learn the guidelines needed for inpatient documentation and coding, including E/M and other services.
Why is the presenter the expert on this topic?
Jamie has over 20 years in the medical field, focusing most of those years on Psychiatry and Mental Health, HEDIS, Quality Measures, Documentation, Coding and Auditing.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 96.64 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 120+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person