Risk Assessments and Therapy Coding
November 10, 2021 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
There has been an enormous increase in the number of people seeking treatment from Psychiatry and Behavioral Health providers. This webinar will focus on the importance of Risk Assessments and Therapy Coding for Psychiatry and Behavioral Health. We will discuss the goals of a Risk Assessment and how to document the assessment and the treatment plan. We will also discuss how to properly document therapy, including individual, family, group and therapy added on to an E/M service. Lastly, we will deep dive into proper coding to ensure accurate capture of services rendered.
Why is this topic important?
Both risk assessments and therapy documentation and coding are vital pieces of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health. Risk Assessments are an essential piece of having a complete medical record that is accurate and ensures a consistent approach to care. Proper therapy documentation and coding ensures that services rendered are appropriately reported.
Who would benefit from this topic?
All clinical staff, office managers, billing and coding staff, Quality Managers will benefit from the webinar.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
The attendee will learn the importance of accurately documenting risk, when a risk assessment should be conducted and common problematic approaches. The attendee will also learn the guidelines needed for therapy documentation and coding, including add on therapy to E/M.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 97.62 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 160+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page