Special Presentation and Coding Tool: Crash Course in Medical Necessity for E/M Coders
September 21, 2016 8:00am MT
*** Not Inlcuded With Webinar Subscription ***
To obtain the 3 CEUs, you'll receive 1 CEU for watching the presentation (a code will be given at the end that you can manually add to your tracker) and you'll receive 2 CEUs upon completion at 100% of the post-quiz
Learn more about this event
Have you ever wondered if a level 4 or 5 office visit was really medically necessary—or if a service was actually more appropriately a level 3 versus a 2?
Between EHR templates, Value Based medicine, and PQRS documentation requirements, medical records have swollen in size. They often support a level of service based on the 1995 and 1997 Documentation Guidelines, but leave no method for a coder to determine what was medically necessary. Only providers are qualified to make Medical Necessity determinations --- how can a coder be sure that they are selecting the correct code?
This special presentation provides you with 3 simple solutions to ensure you’ve got the right level of service!
This presentation highlights frequent (but problematic) methods used in code selection, which are adding to the problem. This presentation also provides you with alternate solutions that really work.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 92.47 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 120+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person