Success in Coding for Orthopedic Complications
February 14, 2018 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
Unfortunately, not all surgical cases have positive outcomes. There is always a chance that the risks involved become a reality. This webinar will review the challenges faced when coding for procedures performed because of these complications, which include the proper CPT® code assignments, as well as the modifiers that are utilized. We will also discuss the global period, and the reimbursement of procedures performed in the global period, and the affect modifiers have on the global period. Coding references used will be CPT®, in addition to NCCI edits, and the AAOS.
Why is this topic important?
When there are orthopedic surgery post-operative complications, correct coding can make the difference between timely reimbursement vs. delayed or denied reimbursement.
Who would benefit from this topic?
All members of the team involved in the revenue cycle for orthopedic surgery, including surgery schedulers and those responsible to obtaining prior authorization. Physicians, non physician practitioners, coders, and billers.
How would this benefit the individual and/or their company?
There are several steps in the coding that need to be applied in order to create a clean claim for subsequent services in the post-operative period, and understanding those steps will make creating a clean claim successful.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
Attendees will understand what documentation is necessary to be able to assign correct CPT®, ICD-10, and modifiers for procedures considered complications from previous surgery and other complications to injuries.
Why is the presenter the expert on this topic?
I have over 25 years experience in orthopaedic surgery and have worked at my current employer for almost 20 years. We are a revenue cycle management company that exclusively services orthopaedic surgeons as well as other musculoskeletal specialties. As the Sr. Director of Coding Education, I review these types of cases practically everyday to ensure the coding is correct.
- Diagnoses Coding
-7th Character Extension
- Joint Prosthesis
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 97.59 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 120+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person