The OIG 2022 Workplan: Review of New and Updated Part A and Part B Risk Areas
January 26, 2022 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
Understanding the Office of Inspector General's (OIG) focus areas for its enforcement efforts will assist you with tailoring your compliance program efforts pertaining to education and internal auditing to ensure your practice does not become a post payment statistic. Additionally, it will assist with structuring internal audit programs so you can find, correct, and, where necessary, disclose errors in advance of any OIG or Integrity Contractor inquiry. You will learn the new, updated and ongoing target areas applicable to Medicare Part A and B that have been selected for elevated enforcement for 2018. New target areas will be specifically discussed and where appropriate, you will be provided with recommendations for assessing and reducing post-payment risk associated with OIG target areas.
Why is this topic important?
The OIG forewarns us with the areas of most significant concern. This allows compliance personnel, practice managers, auditors, coders, and physicians to focus their education, internal audits and compliance efforts so as to avoid liability.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Compliance officers, practice managers, auditors, coders, and physicians.
How would this benefit the individual and/or their company?
By ensuring compliance in the areas of most significant risk.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
Knowledge of the OIG’s areas of focus for its Medicare Program Integrity Efforts.
Why is the presenter the expert on this topic?
As an attorney and compliance professional, I study the OIG Fraud and Abuse work plan, the OIG’s quarterly updates, settlements, prosecution efforts and enforcement statistics closely.
Attendees will learn:
- New and Revised Risk Areas for Part A providers.
- New and Revised Risk Areas for Part B providers.
- New and Revised Risk Areas for DME providers.
- OIG Strategic Plan (2014-2019) – Goals
- OIG Work Plan Priorities
- HHS Oversight
- HHS Mission
- HHS Vision
- HHS Values
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 96.63 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 160+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page