Identifying Leaks in Your Revenue Cycle
- Broadcast: May 21, 2010 at 8:30AM
- Presentation Length:
- On Demand available: May 21, 2010 at 12:00PM MDT *(Post-Event Recording)
- Author: Cynthia Stewart, COC, CPC, CPMA, CPC-I
- Attendee Rating:
To a physician, the revenue cycle is the most important aspect of the practice. To offset reduced reimbursement rates, it must work perfectly. During this workshop we will discuss proven methods for identifying and eliminating weaknesses within your revenue cycle. In today’s environment, denials, write-offs, and collection time all reduce the efficiency and profitability of the practice.
From the initial patient contact to the collection of the last allowable dollar, we will share proven ways to make sure that every scheduled appointment has a reimbursable value, reducing not only wasted valuable provider time but also loss of revenue.
This Workshop Will Help You:
- Learn why following common appeals practices could cost more than $150,000 per physician annually
- Learn how to classify new vs. established patients in order to legitimately capture thousands of dollars of unclaimed revenue and maintain compliance
- Find out why denied claims lose value every day they are not actively worked
- Learn how to identify undercharging and correct it
- Learn proper use of modifiers to reduce claim denials
- Link services and procedures to capture missing charges
- Take home tools you can use immediately to capture billable supplies and non-physician services
- Learn streamlined methods to work and appeal denied claims
Register to Access this On Demand Event
- Get access to the author-recorded webinar broadcast
- Includes electronic workbook, downloadable mp3, ipod/iphone video, and presentation slides
- Learn at your own pace with the ability to pause, rewind, etc.
*On demand and virtual workshops are for single person use only and may not be rebroadcast,
retransmitted, shared or disseminated. A computer with a high speed Internet connection
and speakers (or headphones) is recommended to connect to the event.
About The Author
Cynthia Stewart is the current NAB President and has been a member of AAPC since 1998 and a longtime advocate. She was the 2006 president of the Central Indiana chapter prior to serving as an AAPC NAB member in 2007. She has more than 25 years of experience in the medical profession. In the past 15 years, she has applied her knowledge and skills in several capacities including billing supervisor, practice manager, senior coding specialist, coding and reimbursement consultant, and director of medical billing, coding specialist, and health care management programs. Stewart also is an AAPC workshop presenter and provides instruction as a reviewer, contributing author, and research assistant for various coding and billing text.