Advanced E/M Chart Auditing
Broadcast: May 28, 2011 at 8:30AM
Presentation Length: 4 Hours
On Demand available: May 28, 2011 at 12:30PM MDT *(Post-Event Recording)
Author: Christine Ann Pfeifer MHA, CPC
Evaluation and Management coding is notoriously difficult to correctly code, presenting quite a challenge to auditors reviewing E/M services. This workshop will address all of the nuances of auditing E/M services to train you in specific techniques of E/M auditing. We will review deficient E/M records and discuss strategies to educate providers on proper documentation. We will walk through the audit process step-by-step, including the final report and corrective action plan. The workshop will cover key elements of medical chart auditing—from validating history, examination, and decision-making, for both inpatient and outpatient services. Enhance your knowledge and defend your practice by developing the skills necessary to completely and accurately review and validate medical services from a compliance perspective.
Please Note: Workshops include interactive, hands-on exercises. Please bring your core coding books (CPT®, ICD-9-CM, HCPCS Level II).
This Workshop Will Help You:
- Instruct providers on how to improve documentation
- Create an auditing report and/or corrective action plan based on results
- Review documentation for common E/M coding errors
- Apply chart auditing skills while working with multiple case studies
Register to Access this On Demand Event
- Get access to the author-recorded webinar broadcast
- Includes electronic workbook, downloadable mp3, ipod/iphone video, and presentation slides
- Learn at your own pace with the ability to pause, rewind, etc.
*On demand and virtual workshops are for single person use only and may not be rebroadcast,
retransmitted, shared or disseminated. A computer with a high speed Internet connection
and speakers (or headphones) is recommended to connect to the event.