How to Effectively Teach ICD-10 Documentation to Your Doctor
Broadcast: May 13, 2015 at 8:30AM
On Demand Availability: May 13, 2015
Author: Amy E Bishard, CPC, CPMA, CEMC
Even if you're ready to code ICD-10-CM, will your doctor be prepared to document for the new code set? Current documentation won't be sufficient.
In this workshop, we'll cover the top 50 clinical conditions and what ICD-10-CM will specifically require from both a documentation and coding perspective. You will learn how to communicate the principles of accurate code selection and documentation requirements to your doctor, using a process that delivers the information easily and logically for physicians to grasp and immediately implement.
This workshop will provide you with specific techniques that translate to improved documentation, accurate code selection, and improved bottom line results—just in time for ICD-10-CM!
You will learn:
- Results of nationwide studies detailing the preparedness of physicians across 25 specialties
- Why there is a gap between current documentation and ICD-10 specificity requirements
- 20 unique documentation concepts
- Top most effective ways to communicate documentation and code selection best practices to your doctor
Register to Access this On Demand Event
- Get access to the author-recorded webinar broadcast
- Includes electronic workbook, downloadable mp3, ipod/iphone video, and presentation slides
- Learn at your own pace with the ability to pause, rewind, etc.
*On demand and virtual workshops are for single person use only and may not be rebroadcast,
retransmitted, shared or disseminated. A computer with a high speed Internet connection
and speakers (or headphones) is recommended to connect to the event.