Mastering Documentation Review
This 4-hour hands-on workshop will uncover the secrets of documentation review to identify when E/M codes can be billed separately and other common errors plaguing your practice. We’ll then reveal the key steps to ensure proper documentation, compliant coding, and correct billing, as well as the impact on reimbursement if any of these are not done correctly.
You'll Learn to:
- Identify the 10 most commonly missed billable charges
- Append modifiers to assure appropriate reimbursement
- Apply payment policies to support medical necessity
- Recognize the top 10 documentation deficiencies that impact compliance and reimbursement
- Communicate missed revenue opportunities to your provider
- Compare billed charges and documentation to ensure all billable charges are identified
- Study real documentation and coding scenarios with open discussion on the proper way of handling resulting denials
- Determine the reimbursement impact for coding and billing errors
- Examine claim information prior to submission to ensure accuracy
Register to Access this On Demand Event
- Get access to the author-recorded webinar broadcast
- Includes electronic workbook, downloadable mp3, ipod/iphone video, and presentation slides
- Learn at your own pace with the ability to pause, rewind, etc.
*On demand and virtual workshops are for single person use only and may not be rebroadcast,
retransmitted, shared or disseminated. A computer with a high speed Internet connection
and speakers (or headphones) is recommended to connect to the event.
About The Author
Yvonne founded Dailey Billing Services, in 2001 to provide electronic medical billing services and has over 10 years experience in the medical billing and coding field. As a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) she teaches her clients the “key role” for correct coding and documentation and its affect on the reimbursement process. She has experience as an adjunct instructor for business schools in her area and is currently PMCC instructor providing seminars for physicians, their staff and new coders. She is a past President for Monmouth Ocean and Toms River local chapters, and AAPC National Advisory Board for 2007–2009.