Do your eyes glaze over when you attempt to decipher too much clinical documentation? Do you overuse the Internet to research answers to your coding questions? Do you think your coding productivity and confidence may be suffering due to a lack of understanding of the disease process?
If so, you may have Pathophysi-itis!
[path-oh-fiz-ee-ahy-tis]: A syndrome affecting coders whose accuracy and efficiency is greatly hindered due to a lack of understanding of disease processes (Pathophysiology).
This workshop will teach coders to go beyond a basic understanding of the disease process. Learning pathophysiology allows you to understand and effectively communicate with clinicians. Improve coding accuracy and gain clinical understanding of disease processes of the four vitally important diseases in health care today.
- View step-by-step how a clinician approaches treatment for these disease processes, including:
- Primary prevention
- Secondary prevention with early detection
- Tertiary prevention to limit the impact of established disease
- Medication vs. dietary or other behavioral changes
- Learn to make clear, concise notes
- Discover how these diseases affect other aspects of patient care, including:
- Delayed healing
- Complications that can arise for unrelated procedures
- Apply your now expanded knowledge to enhance your CPT® and ICD-9 coding skills and their correlation to ICD-10 code selections
- Learn why pathophysiology is the next step in preparing you for ICD-10
*On demand and virtual workshops are for single person use only and may not be rebroadcast,
retransmitted, shared or disseminated. A computer with a high speed Internet connection
and speakers (or headphones) is recommended to connect to the event.