• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

HELP with procedure code!!!

christydl

Best answers
I am so frustrated! I am completely stumped - I have been coding for Anesthesia and Pain Management for five years, and this one really has me thrown for a loop - hopefully, someone can offer some sense of direction!!

CPT for: Injection of perineal tissue for dyspareunia and nerve entrapment??

Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated!;)

nrichard

Best answers
3 years in Pain Management Coding

Where is the needle going? I know you said in the pernial area, but the nerve or the skin?
If this is actually going into the nerve I would suggest using the code for other peripheral nerve injection. Also if there will be radiofrequency current passing through the needle, as I am answering this from home, I would look in the section with codes 64622, & 64623.

nrichard

Best answers
Also when I say see the section for codes 64622 &64623 I relize these would not be the correct codes, but I think there is one for other nerve.