Referring from Family Medicine to Vascular Ultrsonography Clinic

Best answers
I need your help please. I have provider currently working with Family Medicine Group, who is opening a practice to preformand do reports for Vascular Ultrasonography Clinic that he is opening. This will be the only Vascular Ultrasonography Clinic in this area. Problem I am concern about is how to get patients from FM to VUC. It is my understanding of the coding rules he cannot self refer? Can he have others in his office refer to him at the VUC? They will be seperate clinics with seperate Tax ID numbers. How do I direct my doctor in the right was to procede?? Any Help you can give is greatly appreciated. VN