All subscriptions for AAPC Coder products auto-renew, meaning that we will renew your subscription on your behalf when your current term expires. If at any point you do not wish to auto-renew your subscription, you may cancel your subscription before the end of the subscription term by logging into your account. There are no refunds or credits for early cancellations.
- Payment details: Each subscription recurrence, AAPC will bill the credit card you originally used to make the purchase. If the card is declined, AAPC will automatically cancel your subscription and send you an email notification. If you would like to switch the form of payment for a subscription, you can do so by logging into your account and updating your credit card information.
- Notification: We will send you a notice 15 days prior to the end of your subscription period notifying you of when your renewal fee will be processed to your credit card.
- Price: When your subscription auto-renews, AAPC will charge you the rate of the current AAPC Coder subscription and add-ons you have subscribed to.
Add this book to any 2016 Bundle and save!
This ICD-9-CM book includes special features medical coders have asked us to include. ICD-10 became effective on Oct 1, 2015, making this book the last ICD-9-CM book you need.
Be sure that you have the most up-to-date ICD-9-CM code reference book as ICD-9-CM coding comes to an end. We’ve included resources to help you through the transition.
- Coding Guidelines Highlights - Find comprehensive coding guideline highlights listed at the beginning of each chapter. Users can find the full guidelines at the front of the book.
- ICD-9 to ICD-10 Crosswalks - Easily review the top 50 codes for 16 specialties. (a $320 value)
- ICD-10 implementation checklist - Prepare for the transition to the ICD-10 code set with this easy-to-use feature. (a $200 value)
- Full Color Illustrations - Do you wish your book offered access body systems? Find them at the front of the book with hundreds of code-specific illustrations in the tabular section.
- 3-digit Code Help for Each Chapter -The 3-digit category ranges are listed at the beginning of each chapter.
- ICD-9 History – View the many ICD-9 advances that have impacted coders since 1979.
Additional Features and Benefits:
- Additional Digit Required Symbols – Additional fourth or fifth digit is sometimes required for code specificity and validity to avoid invalid code submissions (provided in the Index and Tabular Sections).
- Age and Sex Edits - Determine which codes have restrictions on use based on age or sex of the patient to prevent claim delays and denials.
- AHA's Coding Clinic and Official Coding Guideline Tips – Find citations that link to the official coding advice coders in the healthcare industry must follow.
- Highlighted Coding Instructional and Informational Notes – Highlighted notes help you identify code usage guidance for specific sections.
- HIPAA Compliance – Prevent delayed or denied claims and expensive fines for violations.
- Intuitive Color-coded Symbols and Alerts - Find critical coding and reimbursement problems fast with alerts, such as "Other Specified" and "Unspecified" diagnosis alerts, on the same page as the needed code.
- Manifestation Code Alert Correctly use codes representing manifestations of underlying disease by identifying when two codes are needed and viewing alerts to sequencing rules.
- Spiral Binding - Durable book that is flat lying for easy use.
- V-code symbols - Discern the proper use of V-codes that may only be sequenced as first-listed diagnosis for cleaner claim submissions.