2013 Call for Speakers
To be considered as a speaker for AAPC conferences in 2013 you will need to complete and submit a speaker application by October 5, 2012.
The AAPC Speaker Selection Committee will review all applications and select those topics that are fresh, relevant, and engaging to the intended audience. All topics will be reviewed and considered by the selection committee. We specifically would like to see submittals from Payers explaining procedures and processes so providers can better understand payer perspective.
Email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 5, 2012 to be considered.
Items to Consider When Submitting
- Current Hot Issues - AAPC is looking for experts to present on current topics and the latest trends. Our membership relies on us to keep them informed of the changes they need to know to be the most knowledgeable coders in their profession.
- Specialty Coding Focus - AAPC will also offer sessions with a specialty focus at our National Conference. All topics that are current and timely for your specialty will be considered.
Level of Difficulty - We are looking for advanced sessions that cover topics in significant detail. Non-advanced topics, such as E/M, can still be presented on an intermediate to advanced level. Advanced topics should still be presented in a clear, understandable format despite the advanced nature of the topic.
Be Clear about What Your Session Will Include - If you plan to show an operative video, provide hands-on dissection or have the class access the internet during your presentation, include this detail in your application. The more interactive the session, the more people learn, and this is a consideration when selecting speakers.
Be Concise About Your Goals - Clearly describe your teaching objective. (Example: Attendees will gain insight as to why the 2012 ICD-9-CM code changes were made, and what impact these changes will have on coding and billing. "Hidden" changes from the index, often overlooked when coders update their superbills, will be addressed as well.) What will make your presentation stand out from the rest?
- Speaker can select between a $500 honorarium or complimentary admission to the conference
- Compensation is given per prepared topic. Sessions that are selected to be presented twice will not receive additional compensation
- An honorarium of $1000 per prepared topic (compensation will be split between multiple presenters for a single presentation)
- If the physician brings a coder to co-speak, the coder will receive complimentary admission to the conference
- One night stay at the host hotel
- Airfare reimbursed up to $400
Speakers that are selected will be notified by November 15, 2012, via the email address listed on your application.
Questions concerning the speaker selection process or the speaker application should be addressed to Sandra Nestman in the conference department at: email@example.com.
Speaker Application Form | Speaker Policies