Foundations in Anesthesia Practice
February 15, 2017 11:00am MT
Gain a core comprehension of anesthesia services.
Learn more about this event
Anesthesia services are impacted by many variables, including the type of provider. This lecture will provide a fundamental understanding of anesthesia services to equip the medical coder with skills necessary to dissect the record and assign proper codes. It will help you understand the differences between Medical Direction and Supervision, as well as when supervision has been broken. The webinar will also help you with correct billing for pain control done by the anesthesiologists for both the acute pain and/or chronic pain. The modifiers that are need to have your anesthesia claim processed correctly.
Why is this topic important?
This topic is incredibly important for the medical coder who is billing for anesthesia. Payments are being cut and without proper coding revenue, many practices lose payments because the coder is not aware of what is billable for the anesthesiologists.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Anyone who is interested in knowing how to code/bill for anesthesia and for the seasoned coder who wants to review and get the most current information on issues facing the anesthesia provider.
How would this benefit the individual and/or their company?
It is beneficial to anyone that bills for anesthesia. Without the proper billing and use of modifiers, many of anesthesia services would be bundled into one code and the physician would lose money that rightful should be paid to them.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
Knowing the difference in providers for anesthesia and when it is done by medical direction, by supervision, or done as a stand alone case or an AA case.
Why are you the expert on this topic?
I have over 35 years of experience in anesthesia billing and coding.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 93.56 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 120+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person