Medical Billing for Insurance - A Beginner's Guide
Learn more about this event
During this presentation will share the basics of insurances. The differences between the government plans and the commercial insurances. The eligibility requirements to obtain Medicare and Medicaid. Learn the difference between the traditional Medicare and Medicaid to the Advantage Medicare and Medicaid Plans. Also discussed will be the definitions of copayments, coinsurance, deductibles, pre-certifications, pre-authorizations and pre-determinations.
Why is this topic important?
In today’s society, there is much confusion on the differences between the types of insurance and who is eligible for the insurances. This presentation will give the basic understanding and knowledge of most insurance plans.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Everyone can benefit from this topic, especially anyone employed in the Healthcare field.
How would this benefit the individual and/or their company?
By becoming more knowledge about the Health Insurance Plans, they will be able to make better decisions on which plan is the best one for themselves or their company.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
With this information, the attendee will have a better understanding of not only of different insurances, but who is eligible for them and the terminology used with insurance plans (example: copayments, coinsurance, deductibles, premiums)
Why is this presenter an expert on this topic?
The presenter has been in the healthcare field for thirty years as a medical biller, billing and office supervisor, medical billing and coding instructor. She has obtained her certification as a professional coder and is a well-qualified as an expert on this topic.
- This Webinar will take you through many of the steps of the billing cycle. Regardless of the Provider’s specialty, the following steps are similar in most offices.
- Front desk-verifications/authorizations-understanding insurances-claim forms/charges and payments.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 98.17 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 120+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person