AAPC Membership FAQ
Member Maintenance | Corporate Membership
When will my membership expire?
If membership payment or arrangements are not made by your expiration date, your membership
When will my credential(s) be revoked?
If membership payment/arrangements are not made or CEUs are not submitted within 90 days
of your renewal date, your credential will be revoked.
When do I get my Final Notice for renewal?
Your Final Notice is sent via letter 75 days after your due date. You have 15 days to submit your payment and/or CEUs before a cancellation is processed.
When will I receive notice of my membership dues?
Members are sent the following notices:
- 90-day CEU notice by email (if you have CEUs due that year)
- 45-day notice by mail and email
- 15-day notice by email
- 1-day past-due notice by email
- 30-day past-due notice by email
- 75-day final notice by email (certified members)
- 90-day cancellation notice by email and
mail (certified members)
Throughout this period, we attempt to contact members at least two times by phone.
Could I still be a student member if I am certified?
Once you are certified, you are no longer considered a student.
Is there a payment plan for renewing membership?
- Payment breakdown is $43/$41/$41 prior to renewal month or in renewal month
- Credit/Debit Card Only
- The first payment will be charged the day we set up the payment plan and the following payments
will be charged automatically on the same day of the subsequent months (some exceptions apply).
Please keep in mind once set up, the dates and card cannot be changed
- This is for individual member renewals ($125)
- Please call in to set up your payment plan at 1-800-626-2633
- If you opt out mid-plan, no refund will be made and membership will be cancelled at regularly scheduled times. We will attempt to call you 2-3 times before this happens
- You can sign up for an exam after full membership is paid
Do I get a discount on membership if I am retired?
Emeritus membership is intended for certified members who are retiring or retired. You can renew your membership with emeritus status and maintain all the benefits of membership. The emeritus member must:
- Be 60 years of age or older on date of renewal
- Have previously held CPC® or other AAPC credential for at least two years
- Submit a reduced annual member fee of $70
- Submit a copy of a photo ID and signed statement attesting they are retired (each year they renew)
Note: Emeritus members may maintain one core credential. There is no CEU requirement for Emeritus members.
Back to top
How do I add/remove someone to my corporate account?
The corporate contact can make the changes to their account using the corporate online page. This is available to the contact by logging in to their online account. If they need to pay for additional spaces, they can take care of this online or receive a price quote to submit with a check. We also have a Change Request Form where they can list who they would like to add/remove and submit to us for processing. This is available online – either on their corporate page or Corporate Membership info page.
How will my CEUs be prorated?
CEUs are 1.5 per month. They will be prorated from what they are now to what the corporate membership renewal date is. You will receive a letter stating what your new prorated amount is.
If I leave the company, how do I renew my membership on my own?
Pay the $125.00 renewal fee and submit CEUs (if due that year) by your renewal date, and you will be automatically taken off of the corporate membership and be responsible for your own membership. Or, the corporate contact can email AAPC with the request to have you removed. At that point, you will receive a letter stating that you have been removed and telling you what steps you need to take to renew on your own.
Do I have to fill out the Corporate Membership Agreement form again?
Yes, it must be filled out completely every year. If you want to remove someone at the time of renewal, you will just leave that member’s name off of the list, include any names to the current list that you want added, and pay accordingly.
I already paid for an individual membership, will I be refunded?
If you have paid on your own and are going to be added to a corporate membership, individual membership dues are not refundable. We suggest you wait to be added until your individual membership expires. The corporate contact is required to notify the individual member when they are being added so they don’t renew on their own.
Do I submit my CEUs with my corporate membership?
No, you enter them in on the CEU tracker to be submitted online.
Can I be added to my company’s corporate membership?
Yes, your corporate contact has to request it. If you are unsure who your corporate contact is, please call the AAPC.
Back to top