• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Passing score?

j_ruby

New
Best answers
The president of my local chapter told me in the CPC exam review class that the test is divided into 10 sections. She told me that you MUST get 70% in EACH of the sections in order to pass (not just a overall 70%) Is this correct??

cordelia

Best answers
That is out of date information. It used to be that you needed 70% in each section, but they changed it to now 70% overall is all you need to pass. I would suggest contacting AAPC to verify.

chelbi

Best answers
I've been proctoring the exam for 8+ years and am a PMCC Instructor- currently the passing score is a 70% OVERALL. The exam is divided into sections based on topics and each topic has a set number of questions, however that is for organizational purposes only. :)

Good luck on the exam!

beckie519

Best answers
I just took the exam. You need 70% overall. You can get a maximum of 45 wrong. That was confirmed by the AAPC.

j_ruby

New
Best answers
Whew! What a load off my mind! I am so glad that the 70% is overall, and not in every section! I would be absolutely devasted if I scored highly in every section but would fail because I missed one too many questions in one section! That really puts my mind at ease! Well sort of, since I wont have my test results until later this week or next week!

Thanks sooo much for the quick replies everyone! :)

msorrell1

New
Best answers
Passing Score

I passed the CPC with 70%. Totally disappointed because I was very confident I scored in the 80%. If pass, do they use a flat 70% or will they give you the exact %?

brow3848

New
Best answers
AAPC will post your exact score on your page when you login. If it says you passed with 70% then that would be your actual score. Congratulations on your certification. ??
Anne Brown, CPC, CPB, CIMC