Wiki Pediatric Credentials

Truipal

New
Best answers
I am a CPC for pediatric practice and management is questioning whether there is any other credentials I could get that would apply to our pediatric practice and would benefit me. Have not done any research yet. CPC-H would not be beneficial for me.
Thank You-
Tricia, South Carolina

I work @ a pediatrics practice also. I am currently working on my EMA Specialty credential. I think this would be beneficial for the types of coding we do. AAPC is also working on a Pediatric specialty credential that I beleive will be available at the end of the year.

EMA specialty

The EMA specialty stands for E&M Auditing. Since so much of the pediatrician's service is E&M, this would be a good "additional" creditial.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC EMA

My suggestion would be to get the Pediatric speciality credential when it becomes available. For now I would suggest the E/M Auditor credential. E/M is such a big part of what you do in pediatrics, family practice, internal medicine that I think it is a great credential to have.

My suggestion would be to get the Pediatric speciality credential when it becomes available. For now I would suggest the E/M Auditor credential. E/M is such a big part of what you do in pediatrics, family practice, internal medicine that I think it is a great credential to have.

I was going to ask the same question, I am going to b going to a Peds/Internal Med practice and I was too wondering what a good credential would be to add to the CPC...

I too will just wait til aapc comes out with one...

Thanks