2014 Call for Speakers
You can apply to speak at all of the following conferences or just select events.
|San Francisco, CA
||January 18 - 20, 2014
||February 20 - 22, 2014
||April 13 - 16, 2014
||August 28 - 30, 2014
||September 18 - 20, 2014
To be considered as a speaker for AAPC's 2014 National Conference you will need to complete and submit a speaker
application by September 30, 2013. All applications must be complete to be considered.
Applications are reviewed by a speaker selection committee for topics that are fresh, relevant, and engaging to the intended audience.
Email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 30, 2013.
Items to Consider when Submitting
- Current Hot Issues – AAPC is looking for experts to present the latest trends in the business of healthcare. Our membership relies on us to keep
them informed of the changes they need to know to be the most knowledgeable coders in their professions.
- Coding Focus – Sessions should focus on both general and specialty-specific coding skills, tools, and updates.
- Practice Management – This includes a variety of topics such as human resources, accounting, revenue cycle management, effective use of EHR’s and
other technology, productivity, effective marketing, and other practical skills needed for managing a medical practice.
- Billing – Topics should focus on effective and efficient billing processes, including how to reduce claims denials, improve net collections, submit
accurate claims, effective collections efforts, and more.
- Compliance – Tools, processes, regulations, and updates that will enable healthcare professionals to create and effectively manage a company
compliance plan are needed, as well as current compliance requirements such as HIPAA, OSHA, CLIA, Stark and Anti-kickback, coding, and other important federal and state
regulations important for healthcare professionals.
Level of Difficulty – All sessions need to be presented on an intermediate to advanced level and provide practical and applicable information for
Be Clear about What the Session Will Include – If you plan to show an operative video, provide hands-on dissection, or otherwise involve your attendees,
include this detail in your application. The more interactive the session, the better understood the topic will be.
Be Concise About Your Goals – Clearly describe your teaching objective. (Example: Attendees will gain insight as to why the 2011 ICD-9-CM code changes
were made, and what impact these changes will have on coding and billing. "Hidden" changes from the index, often overlooked when coders update their superbills, will be
addressed as well.) What will make your presentation stand out from the rest?
Selected speakers will receive complimentary registration to the event where they are speaking.
Upon receipt of your application you will receive an email notification. If you do not receive an email response within five business days, please contact Sandra Nestman
directly at 801.236.2217.
All applicants will be notified no later than November 15, 2013 via the email address listed on your application in regards to their selection.
Questions concerning the speaker selection process or the speaker application should be addressed to Sandra Nestman in the conference department at: