Advanced E/M Coding and Auditor Techniques
- Broadcast: Dec 20, 2009 at 12:00AM
- Presentation Length:
- On Demand available: Dec 20, 2009 at 12:00AM MDT *(Post-Event Recording)
- Author: Raemarie Jimenez, CPC, CDEO, CPB, CPMA, CPPM, CPC-I, CANPC, CRHC
- Attendee Rating:
The Evaluation and Management Coding Guidelines set forth a very subjective set of rules. This Advanced E/M Coding and Auditor Techniques workshop will bring clarity to some of the most confusing elements in the guidelines, and instill confidence in your ability to accurately code and audit E/M services.
This Workshop Will Help You:
- What to do when the chief complaint is missing
- How to select the level for physician medical decision making
- How to safely level a claim when there is subjectivity in the history element
- How to use modifier 25 with confidence
- How to use audit forms with reproducible and consistent results
- How to measure risk
- The difference between HPI and ROS and if they can overlap
Register to Access this On Demand Event
- Get access to the author-recorded webinar broadcast
- Includes electronic workbook, downloadable mp3, ipod/iphone video, and presentation slides
- Learn at your own pace with the ability to pause, rewind, etc.
*On demand and virtual workshops are for single person use only and may not be rebroadcast,
retransmitted, shared or disseminated. A computer with a high speed Internet connection
and speakers (or headphones) is recommended to connect to the event.
About The Author
Jane Tuttle, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CCS-P, is a certified coding and compliance educator and consultant with more than 22 years experience in health care administration including the areas of, practice management, billing, coding, reimbursement, chart-auditing, corporate compliance and HIPAA regulations. In 2004, Ms. Tuttle formed her own company, CODING EDUCATION ENDEAVORS to serve consulting clients and teach coding students throughout the New England area.