Special Presentation: Avoiding 5010 Rejections, Delays, and Denials
This special presentation does not have a post-quiz and is eligible for one (1) CEU only.
The deadline for the Version 5010 upgrade was January 1, 2012, and the enforcement discretion period for all HIPAA-covered entities to complete their upgrade to the Version 5010 electronic standards ends on June 30, 2012. In this one-hour special presentation we’ll help assure your 5010 readiness and review the key steps to minimize disruption to your revenue cycle.
You Will Learn:
- The final checklist to ensure readiness and compliance by July 1, 2012
- The results of our 5010 implementation survey, including the most common problems experienced and how to avoid them
- Key steps to minimize rejected claims, delayed payments, unresponsive payers, issues with MACs, delivery problems, and denials
- Where to access tips, fact sheets, and other helpful 5010 resources from CMS
Note: This Special Presentation is not included in the 2012 Webinar Subscription or Half-Year Webinar Subscription.
There are two ways to register for this event:
* Webinar Policy: Webinars are for single-office (one physical office location, e.g.
a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, shared or disseminated. Each webinar subscription or purchase entitles the user to one online connection or one back-up phone line
– use of more than one phone line and phone conferencing is prohibited. AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single
facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or webinar subscription. All webinar subscriptions expire December 31.
About The Presenter
Angela Boynton, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPC-I, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P, CPhT
Director 5010/ICD-10 Communication, Adoption & Training, UnitedHealth Group
Angela "Annie" Boynton has served in the health information management field for over 10 years in provider, payer, and educational capacities. She is the director of 5010/ICD-10 communication/adoption and training at UnitedHealth Group, where she helps lead their overall ICD-10 transition. Boynton also serves as an adjunct faculty member at Massachusetts Bay Community College, where she develops curriculum and teaches medical coding, billing, administrative procedures, and medical law and ethics. As a member of AAPC's ICD-10 curriculum development team, she helped develop the curriculum payers will use to facilitate successful 5010 and ICD-10 implementation. Boynton holds an associate's degree in health information technology, a bachelor's degree in health care management from Fisher College, and is pursuing a master’s degree in health informatics.
To contact the webinar department, email email@example.com or call (800) 626-2633, option 4.
This event was recommended by 90.63 % of your peers.You rated this event: