2013 Procedural Coding Expert
Official AMA CPT® codes and descriptions paired with CMS’s rules and guidelines
All subscriptions for AAPC Coder products auto-renew, meaning that we will renew your subscription on your behalf when your current term expires. If at any point you do not wish to auto-renew your subscription, you may cancel your subscription before the end of the subscription term by logging into your account. There are no refunds or credits for early cancellations.
- Payment details: Each subscription recurrence, AAPC will bill the credit card you originally used to make the purchase. If the card is declined, AAPC will automatically cancel your subscription and send you an email notification. If you would like to switch the form of payment for a subscription, you can do so by logging into your account and updating your credit card information.
- Notification: We will send you a notice 15 days prior to the end of your subscription period notifying you of when your renewal fee will be processed to your credit card.
- Price: When your subscription auto-renews, AAPC will charge you the rate of the current AAPC Coder subscription and add-ons you have subscribed to.
Procedural Coding Expert
Out of Stock
Note: This book CAN NOT be used for AAPC certification exams.
This expert edition procedural coding book contains AMA's CPT® codes and is designed for a coder’s daily work—not the classroom
or AAPC’s credentialing exams. Physician practices, outpatient hospitals,
and ASCs will benefit from this single, easy-to-navigate resource that arranges
codes in a design known to speed coding, billing, and reimbursement. You’ll
also find a comprehensive listing of annual code additions/changes/deletions/reinstatements
in the appendix, new code icons and notes, plus reimbursement information and mid-year
changes not found in the AMA’s CPT® books.
This is THE GUIDE for anyone who is serious about the reimbursement process.
Compare: AMA CPT® Book vs AAPC Book
Look inside this book: view sample pages.
Key features and Benefits:
- Resequenced CPT® code alerts. Identify the AMA’s new code “resequencing” at
a glance with our specific instructions, color bars, and brackets.
- Interventional radiology guidance. Access an appendix of illustrations
showing interventional radiology vascular families for more accurate radiology coding.
- Headings with detailed subheadings. Locate CPT® codes quickly.
- Medically Unlikely Edits (MUEs) appendix. Improve claims accuracy by
ensuring CMS compliance through easy-to-access codes and their associated MUE units.
- Brand-name vaccinations associated with CPT® codes. Aid accurate coding
for medications with this helpful reference.
- Extensive user-friendly index. Find codes in a flash with the most accurate
and expansive index of any CPT® coding resource with terms listed in a variety of ways.
- PQRI icons and appendix. Link codes and their associated quality
measure for reporting to Medicare.
- Code-specific definitions, rules, and references. Reference comprehensive
information compiled from the AMA, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS),
Ingenix, and other sources to assist with accurate coding and speed reimbursement.
- Facility and non-facility RVUs and global/follow-up days. Ensure more
accurate reimbursement with attachment to the corresponding code.
- Helpful illustrations. Detect anatomical differences in codes with ease.
- Medicare coverage rules with icons and Pub. 100 references. Understand
which policies apply to CPT® codes prior to claim submission with icons and references
for each rule, plus a copy of the applicable policy in the appendix.
- Pub. 100s and National Coverage Determinations (NCDs). Access new information
that affects coding, including better identification of the national coverage manual.
- Modifier icons. Apply modifiers correctly with quick icon identification
with the CPT® code.
- Spiral binding - lays flat for easy-to-use coding
*CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association