2020 OPPS Final Rule Analysis
January 29, 2020 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
Attendees will be provided a thorough review and key takeaways of the most impactful and pertinent updates to the OPPS. This will include information related to new wage index criteria, payment and costing methodologies, requirements for the hospital outpatient quality reporting (OQR) program, items removed from the inpatient-only list, provider off campus site payments, updates to comprehensive and composite APCs, pharmaceutical pass-through updates, and many others.
Attendees will learn about:
• 2020 Conversion Factor
• OP Provider-Based Departments
• 340B Drug Program
• Comprehensive APCs
• New Technology APCs
• OPPS APC-Specific Updates
• Inpatient Only List Updates
• Two-Midnight Rule
• Pass-Through Payments for Devices
• Drugs, Biologicals and Radiopharmaceuticals
• Partial Hospitalization Program
• Supervision Requirements Update
• Pricing Transparency Update
• Hospital OP Quality Reporting
• Prior Authorization Process
About The Author
Arthur Lamon Willis, COC, CPC, CPCO, CPC-I
Lamon Willis is the Director of Coding for Velocity Healthcare Collaborative in Macon, Georgia. There he oversees hospital inpatient and outpatient coding operations
Mr. Willis is a healthcare professional with more than 20 years of experience in hospital and physician revenue cycle, practice management, compliance, coding, billing, process improvement, client services, sales support, and strategic product and solution development. He is also the former Director of Business Development for AAPC and Healthicity.
He has worked as a VP of Patient Financial Services in a hand and foot surgery hospital in Florida as well as a manager and compliance liaison with an emergency physician practice management organization.
Mr. Willis previously provided healthcare consulting and solution services to hospitals and physician organizations through such companies as St. Anthony Consulting, Ingenix, OptumInsight, 3M Health Information Systems, and Craneware, Inc.
Lamon is a speaker at national and regional conferences for a wide variety Enterprise Solutions of healthcare industry topics for the AAPC, AHIMA, HFMA, and SAAS-based companies.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 94.72 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 250+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page