Chronic Wound Care Coding, Billing and Documentation
January 10, 2018 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
This overview into chronic wound care will look carefully and comprehensively to achieve three things: accurate, complete coding and billing and documentation that will support the medical necessity of wound care treatment modalities, whether they be standard care to advanced therapies. From simple debridement to hyperbaric oxygen treatment or application of skin substitutes, we will address them all, answering your questions and giving proven tools to help you maximize your claims and reimbursement. We will also address claims issues and ways to effectively battle claims denials.
Why is this topic important?
There is an increasing aging population which mean those individuals needing wound care is also increasing. There is no definitive guide to wound care coding so this helps to meet that need, in part.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Clinicians, program directors, charge entry persons, revenue cycle teams
How would this benefit the individual and/or their company?
Accurate coding = payment
What information/new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
A comprehensive understanding of the complexities of wound care coding, billing and documentation requirements.
Why is the presenter the expert on this topic?
I have done wound care coding billing and auditing for the past 15 years.
1. Receive an enhanced comfort level in coding and billing wound care encounters
2. Gain an enhanced understanding of wound care etiologies and treatment methodologies
3. Learn solutions to wound care claim issues
- Wounds vs. Ulcers
- Acute vs. Chronic Wounds
- Coding and Billing Treatment Modalities
- Coding and Billing Treatment Modality Combinations
- Managing Unpaid Claims
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 97.92 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 120+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person