Coding for the Obstetrical Patient
October 03, 2018 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
Coding for Obstetrics can seem complex and the nuances associated with in OB can create issues for the provider as well as the patient. ICD-10-CM Chapter 15 codes have unique guidelines that can result in denials. Antepartum care, delivery, and routine postpartum care make up the CPT Global OB package. Billing for services outside the global care including depression screening, lactation services, interrupted pregnancies, complicated pregnancy or complicated delivery can be challenging and time consuming. We will discuss CPT, ICD-10-CM and HCPCS codes, industry standards and common denials seen in the OB office.
Knowing the different coding guidelines and being able to effectively apply them in your daily coding can benefit seasoned coders and those new top coding Obstetrics. This session will cover a variety of additional services commonly provided in the OB office that are billable outside the global OB package.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- How to choose codes based on established guidelines
- Procedures to capture all charges
- How to prevent delays in reimbursement by submitting clean claims
- Knowing where to access policies or specialty sites
About The Author
Peggy A Stilley, CPC, CPB, CPMA, CPC-I, COBGC
Peggy is currently employed by OSOI in Norman, Oklahoma as Revenue Integrity Auditor. She was previously employed by AAPC, a member of the ICD-10 Training and Education team, and formerly Director of Audit Services. Peggy has more than 30 years of experience in the healthcare industry starting as a medical assistant, expanding her duties to billing and coding, and management in a teaching facility. Her knowledge is enhanced by experience in multiple specialties including OB-Gyn, Maternal Fetal Medicine, General Practice, General Surgery, Neurology, and Orthopedics.
Peggy is a national speaker for AAPC. She has authored several articles on billing, coding, and practice management, and currently a member of the Oklahoma City chapter.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 98.36 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 250+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page