Common Modifiers Used in Physician Billing
April 21, 2021 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
Modifiers can make or break the revenue stream of a physician practice. Modifiers are an unusual part of the coding world because we utilize them to tell the story of the medical record, but we must also use them to follow payer guidelines. This can be a difficult balance. In this presentation we will learn the definition of the most common modifiers used in physician billing and how to appropriately utilize them so that we can keep that balance.
Why is this topic important?
This topic is important because modifiers are essential for the revenue stream of the physician practice and for appropriately representing what services the provider performed.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Anyone who is part of the physician revenue cycle, including managers, providers, payers, payment posters, etc will benefit from learning about modifiers.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
The attendee will take away from this webinar a better understanding of how to appropriately append common modifiers used in physician billing in order to improve revenue flow and quality of coding.
What is the presenter's background/expertise on this topic?
Vanessa has been a part of physician revenue cycle for more than 15 years in roles such as AR followup, billing manager, internal auditor, revenue cycle assessor and educator. The topic of modifiers is often a recurring topic in these roles due to the vital role they play in the revenue cycle.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 98.34 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 120+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person