August 12, 2015 11:00am MT
Learn what constitutes a false claim, who is liable when a false claim is submitted, the difference between "fraud" and "abuse" and how to prevent false claim submission.
Learn more about this event
False claims are a liability to your practice. Physicians, office managers, coders, and billers need to be aware of False Claim Act rules and regulations, and the criminal and civil penalties associated with filing false claims. The extent of your responsibility regarding a false claim may be surprising. Understanding the rules will enable your practice to take corrective action when false claims are suspect and to develop policies and procedures to mitigate the risk of future false claims.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 96.65 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 160+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page