February 04, 2015 11:00am MT
Learn the changes to key concepts and coding 2013 psychiatric revisions spawned in all facets of care.
Learn more about this event
The psychiatric codes underwent significant changes in 2013. With these changes came different time thresholds, multiple add-on codes, instructions for coding “psychotherapy for crisis” and further guidelines on billing an E/M service with psychotherapy on the same day. Many practices are still receiving denials because they do not understand when to report an E/M code with an add-on code, when not to report an E/M code, or which add-on code to report based on the type of psychiatric service performed. During this webinar the audience will learn changes to key concepts such as diagnostic evaluations, interactive complexity, psychotherapy codes with and without E/M services, psychotherapy for crisis, time thresholds, therapy with family members, and pharmacologic management.
About The Author
Maryann C Palmeter, CPC, CENTC
Maryann Palmeter has over 30 years of experience in the healthcare industry with emphasis on federal and state government payer billing and compliance regulations. She is employed with the University of Florida Jacksonville Physicians, Inc. as the director of physician billing compliance where she provides professional direction and oversight to the multi-specialty Billing Compliance Program of the University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville. Maryann served on the AAPC's 2011-2013 National Advisory Board and the 2013-2015 Board as secretary. Palmeter was named the AAPC’s 2010 “Member of the Year” and is currently the education officer for the Jacksonville, Florida local chapter.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 95.87 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 250+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page