Managing Challenging Patients
March 09, 2016 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
Behaviorally challenging patients present a multitude of issues for clinical and non-clinical staff with whom they interact. Many of these patients have difficulty processing information, poor problem-solving and interpersonal skills and a history of maladaptive, self-destructive responses to stress. These patients tend to be chronically unsatisfied with care in any setting and are extremely high utilizers of staff time, energy and resources with very little return, often depleting the staff caring for them. When working with such patients there is a tendency to engage in non-productive, redundant efforts which do little or nothing to improve the member's situation and often can make it worse.
About The Author
MariaRita Genovese, CPC
Maria Rita (Rita) Genovese, CPC, PCS
Rita currently serves as president of the Greater Philadelphia Chapter of the AAPC, after serving as chapter president and vice president in 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2015. She is a former member of the AAPC’s National Advisory Board, and is currently a member of the Chapter Association Board of Directors of the AAPC.
Rita is the Director of Revenue Cycle for MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper. She has over 20 years of experience in billing and practice management, most recently in the areas of family medicine and medical oncology. She is active in educating the physicians and staff in medical coding and compliance regulations.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 91.77 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 250+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page